Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Summer


It is hard to believe it is almost over. Summer is a busy time for us, disappointing that we do not get away more during the summer months. No camping this year, that is a bit depressing. We are already booked for one month in Hawaii from Feb. 17-March 17th, so that will help me feel a bit better about missing summer! Marina was in day care full time and was able to get outside a lot. This photo is our afternoon at the carnival a few weeks back. She was afraid of the rides at first, but one trip on the Ferris Wheel with mommy and she was hooked! She rode all the kiddie rides by herself, ate cotton candy, won a stuffed toy all by herself, and got to pee in the grass because she could not hold it (I actually think that was her favourite thing)

We enjoyed a ten day visit with Chris and Jim in early September - They were able to spend tonnes of time with Marina. Chris cooked for us every night (I am calling her my wife now) and Jim did lots of odd jobs for us. It was so great to see them, and for Marina to have such quality time with them.

1 comment:

Puffer said...

When I am on a carnival ride I get sick
I only managed to go on a few in Atlanta at 6 flags
Maybe I need sunglasses?
I don't know...
Summer is over it feels like a blur.
She is such a cool kid. I will post the vids of her soon at the block party.